Thursday, February 12, 2009

Save money...buy Uggs?



There are so many articles out right now about how to save money and prepare for hard times in this recession. But this one just ends up being funny.

Apparently, to save money, you should go out and invest $180 in some Uggs. Now, they do advise buying Uggs versus Manolos. And while that move could save you over $500, I think it's ridiculous that Uggs are not seen as "conspicuous consumption."

*In full disclosure, I hate Uggs almost as much as I hate Crocs. It's OK, I wear flip flops nine days out of ten; feel free to judge me. :)

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I don't like Uggs, either. We live in Texas, you don't need Uggs here!

RobinBrant said...

I have never judged anyone for wearing flip flops. People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones...

Megan said...

Coming from a cold place Uggs were practical on a school day unless one wants to be in those lame looking moon boots . Now that I'm in warmer place I don't need them. So I'm 50/50 issue, but I see your point.