Thursday, January 29, 2009

25 Random Things

Everyone is creating these lists on Facebook and I finally caved. But since it's a big accomplishment that I actually completed the list, it's serving double duty as a blog post. Enjoy.

1. I start a lot of things and never finish them. I've actually started a similar list of random things for my blog and never finished it. I have tons of crafty and personalized gifts started that have never made it to the recipient.

2. I pop my wrists and hips all day. Not so much with the knuckles.

3. I've seen a few celebrities in my day and the only time I've been starstruck was when I saw Little Richard at the Nashville airport. Star. Struck.

4. My hair was straight as a board when I was little. Now it's a curly mess.

5. I not only have weird urges to jump off bridges, balconies, etc., but in my head it seems inevitable that it's going to happen. Sounds weird and morbid, but I've seen this on several people's list of 25 things. Don't judge me.

6. I made it a year without a car or cable and now I can't remember my life without them.

7. I want to be a wife and mom someday, but the thought of settling down freaks me out. Maybe I can be like that family that traveled the US in an RV for a year? Ha. No, really.

8. I hate iced tea. Very un-Southern of me, but it tastes worse than water to me. And yes, I'm not a big fan of water either. Drinking more water is an ongoing resolution for me.

9. I could eat Mexican food every day and probably for every meal. I tried this out when I moved back to Texas.

10. I have a dream of owning my own boutique/antique store one day.

11. I also have a dream of my family doing a "Flip This House" style venture one day. Gotta convince them.

12. On our senior spring break trip in college, I lost my id the day before we left, tried to fly with just my student id (they told me it would have worked before 9/11), drove 3 hrs roundtrip to get a new one, caught the last flight out, rode in an unmarked "taxi", almost missed the ferry and had to stay in Cancun by myself, finally made it to Cozumel to meet up with everyone. Now, it's a really funny story. At the time I was just annoyed and determined to make the trip. Someday, I will keep this story from my kids.

13. Slimy foods (mushrooms, cooked carrots, peas, oatmeal) make me gag. But sushi is one of my favorites.

14. In high school, I used to take naps before getting ready for bed. I would be comfortable on the couch or somewhere and the thought of getting ready for bed exhausted me.

15. I usually laugh at EVERYthing, but if something is really funny I will snort.

16. I had to have 11 teeth pulled before my braces were put on.

17. If I didn't have to pay for gas or worry about parking I would drive a big truck.

18. I don't like country music, but George Strait was my first concert and I still like him to this day.

19. I hate the feeling of long nails. I have to cut them as soon as they grow out.

20. I took ballet for 7 years and I don't really like to dance now and I'm not that graceful.

21. I don't like snow or water skiing, but I love to be in the mountains or on the lake.

22. I would love to live in New York someday, but maybe for only a few months.

23. I hate talking on the phone and therefore I'm not good at keeping in touch.

24. I've been dying my hair dark for a couple of years and some of my close friends and family didn't even know it wasn't natural.

25. My favorite band growing up was The Beach Boys; in high school, one of my favorite bands was Metallica; in college, I loved Nsync; and now, I love unknown, random bands. I'm all over the place.

8 comments:

Jennifer said...

Great list! I actually knew a couple of them.

You should also add that you sometimes are a five year old and don't know when to stop eating...until you vomit. Wait, I think that's part of the eating mexican food one.

Megan said...

These are great. I can totally see you with your own store, but I will be watching you more closely when we are on balconies and bridges :)

RobinBrant said...

I love the Elizabeth snort.

annalee said...

i HATE ice tea too! i LOVE your list!

Rikki said...

Very fun!~ I learned some new stuff about you. I love your header at the top. Very cute!

Unknown said...

i knew i would finally convince you to move here. i found your weakness.

Nicki W. said...

i remember your crush on JT :)

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

#12--the cozumel trip! So funny, but not at the time!!! I remember that!