Thursday, March 5, 2009

When B&B's Go Bad

So, my blog has become less of an update on my life and more of a rant of my dislikes. And while this is not exactly a positive post, hopefully it will provide a laugh for you and provide me with a post other than how the recession sucks.

My parents and grandparents are coming to visit Easter weekend and I was being the good daughter/granddaughter and searching for hotels for them. I thought they would really love to stay at a bed & breakfast and started googling options.

And came across this.

I immediately had to email Lydia because she and Tim have decided that *someday* they would like to own a bed & breakfast. I think Lydia is taking notes right now and she even mentioned that Amelia will be an inspiration to her.

I mean, yes, she's an inspiration. But does she think that first picture is going to entice you to stay there? Amelia, take off the Birkenstocks and stretchy shorts and maybe dress up a little for your big debut. And maybe make sure you're not standing in front of ghetto cars. Oh, and maybe make sure your B&B is not an apartment on a sketchy street.

8 comments:

Meggan and Trent said...

Elizabeth, I don't think I have ever commented on your blog before...but I had to when I read this! That is hilarious (and disturbing). It made me laugh and I really needed a good laugh today!!!! :)

Nicki W. said...

lord have mercy. this is making me shake i am laughing so hard.
i wonder who stays there? really? i think dennis would like it.

lhall said...

if your family gets to stay there and attend "free happy hour in amelias apartment", just go ahead and color me jealous.

Jennifer said...

I'm not sure where to start with Amelia's. I enjoy how they tell you that the bed is four poster, but, you only see three. Am I an idiot? How many times does she need to tell me that Amelia is a feminist (one who believes in the political, social, and economic equality of the sexes)?

Is it me or is this an apartment...not a B&B?

Thank you for finding this website. I enjoyed it this morning.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, Amelia's place is hilarious!!! I think it is even funnier that they don't MEAN for it to be funny... right? :)

Juli said...

SOOOOO, Elizabeth. I would love to comment on Amelia's place, but I tried to click the link at work and I was told it was blocked for inappropriate content. REASON: GAY AND LESBIAN.

Can't wait to get home to check this site out!!!!

RobinBrant said...

This is awesome:

"Amelia welcomes people of any color, unmarried couples, same-sex couples, smokers. Amelia’s place is not suitable for children, pets, snobs, bigots, nor fanatics. Amelia especially enjoys people who possess the attributes of intelligence, integrity, and compassion, so, please, leave your prejudices at home."

I think I am going to make a sign for my door that reads exactly the same way, only with "The Brants" instead of "Amelia".

Lydia said...

The lack of a picture of that 4th post really bothers me. At this point, I am sure there is not a 4th post. Why would I want to stay in a 3-post bed? I am just glad that the TV/VCR (love the rabbit ears antennae) is draped. I don't want to be bothered with the TV when I am making sweet love to my husband while Amelia is sleeping on the other side of the wall. I am also glad that she mentions that I don't need to bring toothpaste, Q-Tips, dental floss, etc. But it does beg the question of whether it is a new tube of toothpaste, or if I am just borrowing Amelia's...