Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Padres Part Dos

Sunday afternoon we went to a cafe in the North End and watched football games. There were about four tables in the place and eight TVs. Nice.

And of course we had to load up on the Italian pastries. But my mind fails me as to what we did Sunday night. Oh well, I'm sure I was a great hostess even if I'm not a great blogger.

It finally stopped raining on Monday and we had another day of walking planned! We started out at the Boston Public Library. I had been wanting to go see it and thought it was something my parents would love. Now, I'm a little embarassed to say that I had to pass the library every day--two or more times a day, actually, since it was halfway between my apartment and work--and I had never set foot inside. And I can't believe I didn't. I instantly fell in love with the place. And instead of carting my laptop all over the city to get a signal, I could have been here...two blocks from my apartment.









There was also an artist's exhibit going on and we all loved her work.





I don't even know.



Then it was off to Harvard.







I had been hyping up the visit to Mr. Bartley's since that's a must on my guided tour for everyone. But sadly, we learned as they were carting out ashes that there had been a fire. I was so sad to miss out. I mean...for my parents, of course.

So we went down the street for crepes. And I wish I had a picture of Bobby's face when he realized where we were going. Classic.

After lunch we took the T back and I finally got a picture of this historic spot.



We walked around Fenway and had some of the best frozen yogurt from Ankara. Another place I'm craving as I type...



The only thing my dad wanted while he was in Boston was clam chowder. So for dinner we went to Quincy Market. Tourist trap? Sure. But I think they have some of the best clam chowder.



And count on my dad to make friends with people in Boston. I'm sure it was the southern drawl, but people were giving him extra chowder here...a free cookie there... I lived there for a year and I sure didn't get any free stuff!

He even made friends with Norm.



Tuesday was the last day everyone was in Boston and I had to go back to work. But we had time to go get breakfast at Paramount and see Beacon Hill.



I was off to work and Mom, Dad and Bobby did a little more exploring before they had to catch their flight. Here's Boston through their eyes...

My mom loved this 7 Eleven. Only the best in Beacon Hill.



Posing with the ducks from the Make Way for Ducklings book.



my favorite - The Public Garden





Typical.



Try that again.







You can go ahead and say it with me, "Awwwww..."



It was the best time and we made the best memories. Even though my Boston tour guide days are over, I'm available for hire anytime you want to go!

3 comments:

lhall said...

i'm so glad that you are updating again. my favorite things from this post: Norm, Crepes (i just had my first one in Paris and i'm about to dedicate half a blog post to the wonderfulness of them), and Fenway. did i ever share with you the fun fact that i've run ONto fenway field?? if not, we'll have story night sometime.

Nicki W. said...

i love and miss your parents!! i would love to see them again!

Anonymous said...

OMG, that last one definitely deserves an "awww"!

And I'm glad you're available for hire (I assume I'll get some sort of discount or something?) because I want to go so badly, but only with you. :)